Application Procedures for International Students
1. REGISTER TO THE PROGRAM
You may submit the registration form online. Please use the provided links to the right.
Online Form - 1 YEAR DIPLOMA PROGRAM
2. ENTRANCE PORTFOLIO SUBMISSION
We require all potential students to submit an entrance portfolio for our review prior to acceptance into our diploma program. Portfolios can be submitted via e-mail or dropped off in person. If you have an online gallery, attach the link in your e-mail.
- Do not include more than 15 images. Portfolios should demonstrate your abilities to design and think and show an interest in the entertainment industry
- Show off your abilities by including original designs. Please do not copy or plagiarize other designer’s work
3. APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
Once you have submitted the application form and portfolio, our admissions department will contact you regarding the submission of the following documents:
- Non-refundable application fee of SGD 535 (Inclusive 7% GST). International students can make the payment by telegraphic transfer to “FZD School of Design Pte Ltd.”
- The original and the official English translated copies of your highest academic transcript and education certificate
- English proficiency test result if English is your second language
- The original and the official English translated copies of your birth certificate
- 1 digital passport size photo
4. ENTRY TEST AND INTERVIEW PROCESS
Once we have received all of the above documents, the admissions department will schedule for an entry test and an interview session. The admissions department will take 2 weeks to review your application and announce the result. For international students, the interview will be conducted over Skype.
5. LETTER OF OFFER
If you are accepted into the program, the admissions department will send you an email to confirm the enrollment for the desired intake. The student is then required to reply with a written confirmation email before FZD can issue the student contract.
6. STUDENT PASS APPLICATION (For On-Site Only)
Complete the Singapore Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) Visa Application Form and Form V36 and submit them back to FZD School of Design. For more information about ICA and Singapore Laws, please visit https://www.ica.gov.sg/
VIEW ICA Visa Application Form
7. STUDENT PASS APPLICATION AND RESULT (For On-Site Only)
Upon receiving the visa application forms, the School will apply the Student Pass on behalf of the Student (if the student chooses to engage the School’s services) at a nominal service fee of SGD 842 (Inclusive 7% GST). International students must have a Student Pass in order to enroll into the diploma program. FZD will inform the student on progress of the Student Pass application. The student pass application process may take anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks depending on the documents required by ICA.
8. IN PRINCIPAL APPROVAL (IPA LETTER) FROM ICA (For On-Site Only)
If the student pass is approved, the student will receive the IPA letter to allow them to study in Singapore.
9. INITIAL SET OF ACCEPTANCE PACKAGE
The student needs to fill in and sign the following documents.
1. Advisory Notes
2. Student Contract
VIEW Sample Advisory Note and Sample Student Contract For International Students
10. FINAL SET OF ACCEPTANCE PACKAGE
These documents contain the course fee payment instructions and schedule.
1. Payment Scheme
2. Program Schedule
11. INITIAL COURSE FEE PAYMENT
The course fee must be paid to the FZD School of Design Pte Ltd account. Please follow the payment instruction on the Payment Scheme.
VIEW Sample Payment Scheme for International Students
12. DOCUMENT SUBMISSION AND OTHER PROCEDURES (For On-Site Only)
1. Please submit one copy of the Student Contract and Advisory Notes to the School via mail or in person.
2. Please submit the original and the official English translated copies of your highest academic transcript and education certificate to the School via mail or in person.
3. Student Pass collection. Once the student pass is approved and the IPA letter is issued, the student is required to go for a medical checkup before collecting the Student Pass.
4. Medical Insurance (Enrolled students have to possess a medical insurance as required by CPE under EduTrust certificate scheme). All FZD School of Design full-time students are covered under the AXA Insurance.
13. ORIENTATION DAY
Welcome to FZD School of Design!
*The new intakes for international students will be conducted through online distance learning in view of the current global situation of Covid-19.