SERVICE QUALITY GUARANTEE
FZD School of Design Pte Ltd is incorporated under the Companies Act (Cap 50) (Company No: 200905323N) and our full-time Diploma and Certificate Courses are registered with the Committee for Private Education (CPE). The School is committed to ensure that all the FZD publicity and communication materials pertaining to the School and her courses are constantly updated to reflect accurate information. This assurance also includes the consistency of information across all marketing and publicity channels.
FZD School of Design Pte Ltd upholds a strict confidentiality policy. We never share our student’s information. All forms, registrations, and inquiries are kept confidential. Our data servers are secured and can only be accessed by senior management.
The completed application, along with a 535 SGD (inclusive of 7% GST) non-refundable and non-transferable application fee is required to apply for the Diploma in Industrial Design program. Applicants will be notified of the Admission’s decision in writing upon successfully completing the application process. Once accepted, a student will receive further instructions to complete the Advisory Note and Student Contract. Application fee will be accepted until classes are full for each term.
A student's place in the class cannot be assured until the School receives the signed Advisory Note, Student Contract and Course Fees. These are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until the classes are filled.
If the desired enrollment is full, accepted students will be offered a place in the next available enrollment.
FZD School of Design Pte Ltd is committed to provide equal opportunity for all, without regards to race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, or age.
FEE PROTECTION SCHEME (FPS) INSURANCE
The School has in place a Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) as stipulated by the Committee for Private Education (CPE).
FZD School of Design has established (FPS) Insurance with LonPac Insurance BHD.
The insurance protection serves to protect the students' fees in the event a private education institution (PEI) is unable to continue operations due to insolvency and/or regulatory closure; if the school fails to pay penalties or return fees to the student arising from judgment made by the Singapore courts; in the event of death or total permanent disability of the student.
The Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) is mandatory for ALL students as stipulated by CPE.
All students have to possess a medical insurance as required by CPE under EduTrust certificate scheme. This medical insurance scheme shall minimally provide for an annual coverage limit of not less than S$20,000 per student, at least B2 ward in government and restructured hospitals and 24 hours coverage in Singapore and overseas (if student is involved in school-related activities) throughout the course duration. All FZD School of Design full-time students are covered under the Group Hospital & Surgical Insurance.
VIEW GHS Product Summary FAQs
VIEW GHS Benefits Schedule
All application fee paid to FZD School of Design Pte Ltd are non-refundable. Subject to any other terms and conditions contained in FZD School of Design Pte Ltd, you are also bound by the terms and conditions as laid out in the Standard PEI-Student Contract.
The School’s refund policy is as follows:
Refund During Cooling-Off Period
The PEI will provide the Student with a cooling-off period of seven (7) working days after the date that the Contract has been signed by both parties. The Student will be refunded the highest percentage (stated in Schedule D) of the fees already paid if the Student submits a written notice of withdrawal to the PEI within the cooling-off period, regardless of whether the Student has started the course or not.
Refund for Withdrawal Due to Non-Delivery of Course
1. PEI does not commence the Course on the Course Commencement Date,
2. PEI terminates the Course, before the Course Commencement Date;
3. PEI does not complete the Course by the Course Completion Date;
4. PEI terminates the Course before the Course Completion Date;
5. PEI has not ensured that the Student meets the course entry or matriculation requirement as set by the organization stated in Schedule A within any stipulated timeline set by CPE; or
6. The Student’s Pass application is rejected by Immigration & Checkpoint Authority (ICA) less the non-refundable fees.
The Student should be informed in writing of alternative study arrangement (if any), and also be entitled to a refund of the entire Course Fees and Miscellaneous Fees already paid should the Student decide to withdraw, within seven (7) working days of the above notice.
Refund for Withdrawal Due to Other Reasons
If the student withdraws from the Course for any reason other than those stated in Clause 2.1, the PEI will, within seven (7) working days of receiving the Student’s written notice of withdrawal, refund to the Student an amount based on the table in Schedule D.
The amount refunded is based on when the student’s written notice of withdrawal is received, as indicated below:
% of (the amount of fees paid under Schedule B and C) If Student’s written notice of withdrawal is received
100% - More than (45) days before the Course Commencement Date
40% - Before, but not more than (45) days before the Course Commencement Date
0% - After, but not more than (0) days after the Course Commencement Date
0% - More than (0) days after the Course Commencement Date
The time frame for the refund is within 7 working days with necessary documentation.
The procedure for student initiated refund (due to Student’s withdrawal / change of mind during 7 day cooling period, etc.) is as follows:
1. The student gives a written letter to the school requesting a refund with the reasons.
2. The letter is passed to the Enrollment Executive for processing.
3. Enrollment Executive looks into the student’s eligibility for a refund. She calculates the amount of refund and talks to the student showing the breakdown of the refund. The student then signs an acknowledgement form.
4. Dept Head of Student Services presents the case to Director for approval.
5. After Director has approved, Enrollment Executive will process to refund the money direct to the student.
6. The time frame for the refund is within 7 working days with necessary documentation.
The procedure for a school initiated refund (due to the school not performing / ICA not approving the student pass, etc.) is as follows:
1. Dept Head of Student Services in consultation with the Director/Management Team decides not to run the course.
2. Upon receipt of written confirmation that the course will not run, Enrollment Executive calculates the amount of refund due to the student and obtains approval from Dept Head of Student Services to give the refund.
3. In the case where the student pass application is not successful, Enrollment Executive calculates the amount of refund due to the student and obtains approval from Dept Head of Student Services to give the refund.
4. After Dept Head of Student Services has approved, Enrollment Executive will process to refund the money direct to the student.
5. The time frame for the refund is within 7 working days with necessary documentation.
TRANSFER / WITHDRAWAL POLICY
FZD School of Design allows students to withdraw from a course in accordance with its Refund Policy. The School does not have a Transfer Policy as it offers only one course presently. A transfer to another private school is regarded as a withdrawal from FZD.
All requests for a withdrawal, deemed as terminating from a course for whatever reasons, must be made in writing. Any requests through telephone calls and verbal conversations will not be acknowledged. The student has to complete the “Withdrawal Request Form” and submit it for an approval.
The school sets a service standard of 4 weeks or less for assessing and replying to any request for withdrawal.
VIEW FZD Withdrawal Request Form
TRANSFER / WITHDRAWAL PROCEDURE
1. When the student gives written notice of his/her intention to withdraw using “FZD Withdrawal Request Form”, the counter staff hands the completed request form to Enrollment Executive, who will talk to the student to find out why he/she wants to withdraw.
2. If student does not change his/her intention, the Enrollment Executive will inform Dept Head of Student Services, who will interview the student to understand his situation and to administer the end course survey (if necessary).
3. The Dept Head of Student Services then passes the case to the Enrollment Executive with instructions, if any, for processing.
4. The Dept Head of Student Services, working with the other staff, attends to the various withdrawal matters including:
- issuance of a letter to student effecting the withdrawal, cancellation of the student pass, termination of the contract, informing the FPS provider;
- refunding the student, issuing the attendance record, if applicable
The School does not have transfer policy to another course within the School. Hence the procedure will be same as the withdrawal/transfer to another school.
Students will not be allowed to defer to another FZD course after commencement of course and those doing so will be deemed to have withdrawn from the program and the provisions of the Refund Policy for Withdrawal shall apply as otherwise agreed between the School and the Student.
Upon receiving the term grades, students are given 7 days to submit an appeal against the grades issued. The student has to complete an Appeal’s Form along with the administration fee of SGD107 (inclusive of 7% GST) to the Student Services Department for the Examination and Academic Board’s review. Within 3 weeks, the result will be released to the student.
For the full-time students, you must fulfill the minimum 75% attendance (Singaporeans and Permanent Residents Students) and 90% attendance for International Students. For the Certificate Courses, you must fulfill the minimum 75% attendance.
POLICIES ON ACADEMIC AND DISCIPLINARY MATTERS
A conducive learning environment is important at FZD School of Design where we embrace professionalism and responsible behaviors in students. The School has policies governing academic and disciplinary matters for the interest of all aspiring learners.
VIEW FZD Jr Designer Handbook (Student Handbook)
CHANGES TO POLICIES
FZD School of Design Pte Ltd reserves the right to make additions, deletions or modification of the contents, rules, policies and procedures as it deems necessary or appropriate. Your use of the website constitutes your agreement to any modified terms. No exceptions may be made to any of the academic or academic-related policies or procedures without prior written authorization by the School.
Powered by Froala Editor
Powered by Froala Editor