SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) is a statutory board under the Ministry of Education (MOE). SSG will play a key role in the quality assurance for private education institutions and adult training centers. Together with educational institutions and training partners, SSG will ensure that students and working adults have access to high quality, industry-relevant training throughout life. SSG will also bring together synergies in continuing education and training (CET), so skills requirements will continue to meet the demands of different sectors of the economy.
2. What is the Workforce Skills Qualification System (WSQ)?
The Skills Framework is a SkillsFuture initiative developed for the Singapore workforce to promote skills mastery and lifelong learning. Developed by the government together with the employers, unions, industry associations, professional bodies, education and training institutions.
The Skills Framework is also developed with the objectives to build deep skills for a lean workforce, enhance business competitiveness and support employment and employability.
3. Skills Framework Transition for Creative Industries?
The alignment of WSQ training programmes to the Skills Framework serves to enhance the industry relevance of WSQ training, so as to meet the strategic skills needs of the local workforce. The Skills Framework serves as a common skills reference framework, facilitating the adoption of a common skills language for individuals, employers, and education and training providers.
4. Who are eligible for the SSG grant?
Singaporeans and Permanent Residents.
5. What are the criteria to apply for SSG grant?
- Must be Singaporean or Permanent Resident above 21 years of age - Male applicants must have completed National Service - Must meet all the requirements of FZD School of Design Pte Ltd - Require minimum attendance of 75% for the duration of the program - Complete the program with a minimum of all passing grades - Attend oral assessment scheduled by FZD School of Design (no exceptions) - Complete and pass assessment to achieve the Certificate awarded by SSG - Must work in the design industry for at least 6 months after completing the program
6. How much is the SSG grant?
The SSG grant is available for qualified Singaporeans/PRs. Please call us at +65 6702 5328 to find out more about your funding eligibility.
7. What are the terms and conditions for the SSG grant?
Singaporeans/PR students under SSG grant shall be liable to payback the SSG Grant to FZD School of Design under the following circumstances:
- Failure to fulfill minimum attendance of 75% - Premature withdrawal from the course - Expulsion from the course - Failure to pass all course modules and assessment
8. Is the SSG grant available for all the courses that are being offered at the FZD School of Design Pte Ltd?
Currently, only the full-time SSG funded course is applicable for the grant.
9. What type of certification will you receive under the WSQ scheme?
Trainees will receive a certificate endorsed by the SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) upon completing the assessment.