SERVICE QUALITY GUARANTEE
FZD School of Design Pte Ltd is incorporated under the Companies Act (Cap 50) (Company No: 200905323N) and our full-time Diploma and Certificate Courses are registered with the Committee for Private Education (CPE). The school is committed to ensure that all the FZD publicity and communication materials pertaining to the school and her courses are constantly updated to reflect accurate information. This assurance also includes the consistency of information across all marketing and publicity channels.
FZD School of Design Pte Ltd upholds a strict confidentiality policy. We never share our student’s information. All forms, registrations, and inquiries are kept confidential. Our data servers are secured and can only be accessed by senior management.
The completed application, along with a 535 SGD (inclusive of 7% GST) nonrefundable and nontransferable application fee is required to apply for the Diploma in Industrial Design program. Applicants will be notified of the Admission’s decision in writing upon successfully completing the application process. Once accepted, a student will receive further instructions to complete the Student Contract, Advisory Note, and Escrow Confirmation. Application fee will be accepted until classes are full for each term.
A student's place in the class cannot be assured until the School receives the signed Student Contract, Advisory Note, Escrow Confirmation and Course Fees. These are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until the classes are filled.
If the desired enrollment is full, accepted students will be offered a place in the next available enrollment.
FZD School of Design Pte Ltd is committed to provide equal opportunity for all, without regards to race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, or age.
FEE PROTECTION SCHEME (FPS) ESCROW SERVICES
The School has in place a Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) as stipulated by the Committee for Private Education (CPE) by way of a Master Escrow Agreement. FZD School of Design Pte Ltd has established an Escrow Account with DBS Bank Ltd and entered into the Master Escrow Agreement dated 22 December 2009 (Escrow Account Name: FZD School of Design STFA (Escrow), Escrow Account Number: 003-910221-6) The Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) is mandatory for ALL students as stipulated by CPE. The total course fees payment (that includes both course fee and non-course fee) will be left in the custody of a third party, in this case DBS Bank, which is endorsed by the Committee for Private Education (CPE). When specified conditions for its release have been met, the banks will disburse the course fees on a regular basis to FZD School of Design Pte Ltd. Under the Master Escrow Agreement with DBS Bank Ltd, this disbursement will stop under the following circumstance and students may claim the remaining amount left in their Escrow account: in the event that the school is not able to continue operations due to insolvency and/or regulatory closure; if the school fails to pay penalties or return fees to the student arising from judgment made by the Singapore courts; in the event of death or total permanent disability of the student.
All application fee paid to FZD School of Design Pte Ltd are non-refundable. Subject to any other terms and conditions contained in FZD School of Design Pte Ltd, you are also bound by the terms and conditions as laid out in the Standard PEI-Student Contract.
The school’s refund policy is as follows:
Refund During Cooling-Off Period
The PEI will provide the Student with a cooling-off period of seven (7) working days after the date that the Contract has been signed by both parties. The Student will be refunded the highest percentage (stated in Schedule D) of the fees already paid if the Student submits a written notice of withdrawal to the PEI within the cooling-off period, regardless of whether the Student has started the course or not.
Refund for Withdrawal Due to Non-Delivery of Course
1. PEI does not commence the Course on the Course Commencement Date,
a. in the event where the minimum enrolment number of 12 students for Diploma in Industrial Design is not fulfilled;
b. in the event where the minimum enrolment number of 1 student for Advanced Diploma in Entertainment Design is not fulfilled;
2. PEI terminates the Course, before the Course Commencement Date;
3. PEI does not complete the Course by the Course Completion Date;
4. PEI terminates the Course before the Course Completion Date;
5. PEI has not ensured that the Student meets the course entry or matriculation requirement as set by the organization stated in Schedule A within any stipulated timeline set by CPE; or
6. The Student’s Pass application is rejected by Immigration & Checkpoint Authority (ICA) less the nonrefundable fees.
The Student should be informed in writing of alternative study arrangement (if any), and also be entitled to a refund of the entire Course Fees and Miscellaneous Fees already paid should the Student decide to withdraw, within seven (7) working days of the above notice.
Refund for Withdrawal Due to Other Reasons
If the student withdraws from the Course for any reason other than those stated in Clause 2.1, the PEI will, within seven (7) working days of receiving the Student’s written notice of withdrawal, refund to the Student an amount based on the table in Schedule D.
The amount refunded is based on when the student’s written notice of withdrawal is received, as indicated below, Schedule D:
The time frame for the refund is within 7 working days with necessary documentation.
The procedure for student initiated refund (due to Student’s withdrawal / change of mind during 7 day cooling period, etc.) is as follows:
1. The student gives a written letter to the school requesting a refund with the reasons.
2. The letter is passed to the Enrollment Executive for processing.
3. Enrollment Executive looks into the student’s eligibility for a refund. She calculates the amount of refund and talks to the student showing the breakdown of the refund. The student then signs an acknowledgement form.
4. Dept Head of Student Services presents the case to Director for approval.
5. After Director has approved, Enrollment Executive writes to the escrow account provider (if the student is on this scheme) to return money to student. The school will then email a copy of the acknowledgment given by the escrow account provider to the student. The escrow acct provider will refund the money direct to the student.
6. The time frame for the refund is within 7 working days with necessary documentation.
The procedure for a school initiated refund (due to the school not performing / ICA not approving the student pass, etc.) is as follows:
1. Dept Head of Student Services in consultation with the Director/Management Team decides not to run the course.
2. Upon receipt of written confirmation that the course will not run, Enrollment Executive calculates the amount of refund due to the student and obtains approval from Dept Head of Student Services to give the refund.
3. In the case where the student pass application is not successful, Enrollment Executive calculates the amount of refund due to the student and obtains approval from Dept Head of Student Services to give the refund.
4. After Dept Head of Student Services has approved, Enrollment Executive writes to the escrow account provider (if the student is on this scheme) to return money to student. The school will then email a copy of the acknowledgment given by the escrow account provider to the student. The escrow account provider will refund the money direct to the student.
5. The time frame for the refund is within 7 working days with necessary documentation.
TRANSFER / WITHDRAWAL POLICY
FZD School of Design allows students to withdraw from a course in accordance with its Refund Policy. The school does not have a Transfer Policy as it offers only one course presently. A transfer to another private school is regarded as a withdrawal from FZD.
All requests for a withdrawal, deemed as terminating from a course for whatever reasons, must be made in writing. Any requests through telephone calls and verbal conversations will not be acknowledged. The student has to complete the “Withdrawal Request Form” and submit it for an approval.
The school sets a service standard of 4 weeks or less for assessing and replying to any request for withdrawal.
TRANSFER / WITHDRAWAL PROCEDURE
1. When the student gives written notice of his/her intention to withdraw using “FZD Withdrawal Request Form”, the counter staff hands the completed request form to Enrollment Executive, who will talk to the student to find out why he/she wants to withdraw.
2. If student does not change his/her intention, the Enrollment Executive will inform Dept Head of Student Services, who will interview the student to understand his situation and to administer the end course survey (if necessary).
3. The Dept Head of Student Services then passes the case to the Enrollment Executive with instructions, if any, for processing.
4. The Dept Head of Student Services, working with the other staff, attends to the various withdrawal matters including:
- issuance of a letter to student effecting the withdrawal, cancellation of the student pass, termination of the contract, informing the FPS provider;
- refunding the student, issuing the attendance record, if applicable
The school does not have transfer policy to another course within the school. Hence the procedure will be same as the withdrawal/transfer to another school.
Students will not be allowed to defer to another FZD course after commencement of course and those doing so will be deemed to have withdrawn from the program and the provisions of the Refund Policy for Withdrawal shall apply as otherwise agreed between the School and the Student.
Upon receiving the term grades, students are given 7 days to submit an appeal against the grades issued. The student has to complete an Appeal’s Form along with the administration fee of SGD107 (inclusive of 7% GST) to the Student Services Department for the Examination and Academic Board’s review. Within 3 weeks, the result will be released to the student.
For the full-time students, you must fulfill the minimum 75% attendance (Singaporeans and Permanent Residents Students) and 90% attendance for International Students. For the Certificate Courses, you must fulfill the minimum 75% attendance.
CHANGES TO POLICIES
FZD School of Design Pte Ltd reserves the right to make additions, deletions or modification of the contents, rules, policies and procedures as it deems necessary or appropriate. Your use of the website constitutes your agreement to any modified terms. No exceptions may be made to any of the academic or academic-related policies or procedures without prior written authorization by the School.